BALKAN SUNFLOWERS USA wrote -
Balkan Sunflowers aims to send 49 youth from Kosovo to the Roma Genocide Remembrance Initiative in Krakow, Poland this summer. Youth participants from Kosovo will join 1,000 other youth from all over Europe in Krakow from July 30th to August 4th. They will gather together to take part in seminars, workshops and trainings that will provide an education on issues such as holocaust history, remembrance issues, human rights, networking and activism.
- Educate and empower a group of Kosovo youth in the importance of recognition, understanding and remembrance.
- Promote inter-cultural learning and understanding between youth from different ethnic groups.
- Create an awareness of Holocaust remembrance among the Kosovo Roma community.
- Provide a space for youth to develop skills and tools to continue on working in this area after the training.
- Offer an opportunity to network with others from around Europe and learn about promoting this topic in their own communities.
How you can help:
- The cost for bringing the maximum 49 participants from Kosovo to the event in Krakow will be $12,500. This includes transport, visa costs and some of the food costs. The rest of the food and accommodation will be covered by the organizers of the event.
- While we are hoping to get at least partial funding from some of our regular donors it won't be easy. We only recently found out about this great intiative so we only have a short time to reach our goal but we know that we can count on your support! Please contribute whatever you can and spread the word.
More information about the event can be found by clicking here.