Every bit counts!
September 19, 2016
Donations will be used to print Warning Signs cards and help with travel costs letting the KMF team give speeches and presentations face to face See more
Kristin Mitchell Foundation wrote -
- Please support us.
- June 3rd was the 11th anniversary of our daughter, Kristin, dying at the hands of her ex-boyfriend. She was brutally murdered only 20 days after her college graduation.
- It’s still impossible to believe this happened. It did. And we are doing something about it.
- We have learned plenty about why tragedies like this happen. We do presentations and speeches, and right now we're even writing a book that tells our story so others are able to avoid such a devastating event.
- We aim to help those who have concerns about this happening to someone they love. There are lots of women at risk.
- This happens to 1 in 4 women? A violent relationship happens to 1 in 4 women during their lifetimes, and typically it occurs during the ages of 16 and 34. That's 25% of women, and some say it's more like 33%. It's terrifying. It would take no time to create a list of family members, friends and neighbors who easily fit that demographic.
- The 1 in 4 women statistic takes into account all races, genders, socio-economic groups, you name it. That means someone's sister, daughter, cousin or best friend is at risk. Or, maybe, even you. Keep in mind, dating violence also happens to men.
- The more people who donate to Kristin's foundation, the more we are able to get the word out about dating violence.
- We talk to groups about the warning signs of unhealthy relationships. We give real-life examples of what women face, and we give advice on what to do to avoid danger.
- Our learning comes from living this but also from years spent talking with others who have been through it, too. We stay current on what's going on. We seek out law enforcement professionals, domestic violence counselors, and others trained on the insidious dating violence issue.
- It's your turn now! Please donate.
- It really will help. Your donation helps us print Warning Signs cards.
- Your donation allows us to travel and give speeches and presentations face to face with those who need to learn about dating violence.
- Our family is getting through our tragedy by looking outwards so this does not happen to other daughters and other families. We fear for others who might be in harm’s way–but don’t know it.
- Together we can help. We will do our part. How about you? We can make lives better by making them safer.