December 01, 2016
Our vision at LAANE is to build an economy rooted in good jobs, thriving communities, and a healthy environment. We know that too many families in Los Angeles work hard yet find themselves still struggling to get by.
Over the past 20 years, LAANE has helped to pass new laws to ensure hard work pays, and to create good green jobs that protect our environment. Our projects have served as a model for cities across the country.
LAANE helped lead these policy efforts which have helped make Los Angeles a better city for all:
- Los Angeles Minimum Wage Increase – the historic vote on raising minimum wage to $15 by 2020 in Los Angeles County
- Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority Construction Careers Policy – the first of its kind in the nation, which created middle-class jobs for thousands of construction workers and opened a path to good careers for at-risk communities
- Port of Los Angeles Clean Truck Program – which has reduced truck emissions near the Port of LA by 90%, drastically improving air quality for residents, and improved wages for truck drivers
- Zero Waste LA Franchise System – a transformation of LA’s waste hauling system that increases recycling and improves standards for environmental protections and working conditions
Your donation will help to improve the lives of hardworking Angelenos and allow us to do even more to make LA a better city for all. LAANE will use your contribution to make great changes for economic and environmental justice in Los Angeles and beyond.
Here are some projects we will be working on in the next several years:
- Supporting job training programs in energy efficiency and solar power
- Increasing sustainable, green jobs in waste and recycling
- Strengthening high quality grocery and retail jobs
We look forward to continuing our groundbreaking work with your support.