1630 Fund wrote -
Did you know that you are living in a country that guarantees the constitutional right to safe and legal abortion but does not allow its citizens to access the clinics that provide these services? Did you know that living in a country that allows self righteous bullies to shame and intimidate not only the women seeking abortion, but also the doctors who provide them?
Guess what? YOU ARE. This is quickly becoming the grim reality in the United States. Due to a dramatic increase in state-level abortion restrictions, we are now in the midst of a full-blown women’s health care crisis. These hideous state laws that are legislating people’s bodies are also closing down clinics and creating barriers to abortion access. The worst part? They are happening in your own backyard. Right under our noses.
Yep. In 2015, 87% of counties in the United States are without an abortion provider?! That means that we are now living in a country where the average distance a woman must travel to have an abortion is 150 miles! On top of that, the stigma surrounding abortion makes it difficult for people to advocate for their own rights by sharing their stories. Are you angry yet? So are we! And we will no longer be shamed into silence.
Who are we?
Lady Parts Justice League is a coven of hilarious, badass feminists who use humor and pop culture to expose the haters fighting against reproductive justice. Seem too good to be true? Watch the video - we’ll prove it to you.
We’re Asking You to Join Us...
- Because you’re sick to death of anti-woman, anti-choice zealots getting away with this garbage and Lady Parts Justice League offers you a platform for making a difference!
- Because you wanna incorporate fighting for women & justice into your daily life – laughing & drinking while doing it.
- Because you want to work towards shattering the stigma surrounding abortion and remind people that access to abortion puts women in control of their own bodies and destinies.
- Because you believe the best reason to have an abortion is that YOU have decided to have an abortion.
- Because you want to support and celebrate abortion clinic workers and doctors–because they deserve to be championed.
- Because you want to commit to speaking out against haters and extremists who can’t seem to understand that women are autonomous and capable of making medical decisions on their own.
How We Can Use Your Donation
Every donation made helps fund a part of our mission. Here are some ways we will use these resources to reclaim the conversation and go on the offense using truth and humor:
- $25 can send 50 #ThankBank postcards which let clinics know they are loved and supported.
- $100 can take clinic defenders and escorts out to lunch
- $1,000 can create an engaging and hilariously educational video to raise awareness about eroding access to abortion in the U.S.
- $3,000 funds a month of Play of the Day—daily reproductive justice updates/breaking news
- $5,000 could add a stop to the first Feminist USO Tour providing aid and support to clinics across the country who are under siege with legislators and protesters trying to shut them down
- $10,000 can create a local local workshop to bring clinicians and locals together to form lasting alliances that will support and protect the clinics
- $15,000 can bring a Live Lady Parts Justice League comedy performances to your town!