• No. Sign up for one or up to 3 events. If you are going to try 3 we recommend the 20 mile bike ride, 5k trail run and the 2.5 mile kayak course.
• What is the SAG vehicle telephone number?
• What are the rest stops like?
• Rest stops are supplied with water, snacks, energy bars and drinks to help you along the way. There are 3 rest stops on the cycling course and 2 on the trail course. Rest stops for dogs also.
• What do I do after my event is completed?
• Lots of FREE fun for participants. Food and drink, bands, photobooth, stop by the LHF booth to learn more, hula hoops, massage and stretching. Friends and family can purchase a $5 food band.
• Can I sign up for multiple people at once?
• Yes! There is an option to sign up multiple people in the registration process.
• Will the event go on rain or shine?
• The run and bike ride will go on rain or shine. The kayak portion of the event could be cancelled due to un-safe weather conditions.
• Can I include off-line donations?
• Yes, you can turn in off line donations during check-in prior to the event. These donations will count towards prizes you can earn.
• When does online registration close?
• Midnight on September 22nd, 2017.
• Do I have to have my own kayak/canoe/paddleboard?
• No. There is a question during registration that will allow you to indicate whether or not you would like to rent a kayak or bring your own. Rentals will be $30 and can be paid the day of the event. Life jackets are provided with the rentals.
• Can two people paddle in one canoe or kayak?
• Yes, tandem kayaks are allowed but each person has to register as an individual. If renting the tandem kayak or a canoe, only one of the two registrants must select and pay for the rental.
• Will there be parking?
• Parking is free for this event. There is plenty of parking available at the state park.
• I want to bring my dog, what do I need to know?
• Dog walk is from 8-10:30. Dogs must be on a leash and you must pick up after your dog. The dog walk uses the same trail as the adventure trail run. You can choose to do one lap, which is 1.5 miles or two laps which is 3. You can challenge yourself and do as many laps as you are able, we will keep track and most laps wins prize.
• Is the adventure trail walk/run a 5k?
• Participants can chose to do 1 lap which is 1.5 miles or 2 laps which is a 5k. You can challenge yourself and do as many laps as you are able, we will keep track and most laps wins prize. Last year one of our participants did 5 laps (7.5 miles)!
• Can dogs participate in the paddle?
• Yes, BUT please bring a life jacket for the dog.
“We ride because we can. We fundraiser for Lake Hopatcong because we love this lake!” -Thomas L.
“To launch my return to New Jersey, I’d registered for an event that looked like a fun opportunity to meet some people and learn about my new environs. Growing up in Morristown, I’d heard of Lake Hopatcong, but didn’t know much more than how to pronounce it. “Lake Loop 2016,” a get-fit fundraiser for the Lake Hopatcong Foundation, offered several sporting options and I boldly decided to try one from each category. Although I may have headed home with various aching muscles, I didn’t carry a single regret. I had raised a little money for a small but earnest non-profit organization working for the betterment of New Jersey’s largest lake. I had met some very dedicated volunteers and some very friendly event participants who, for some reason, didn’t appear to be as exhausted as I. I had some laughs, primarily at myself, and undoubtedly gained a much better idea of what locals mean when they say “rolling terrain.” -Bill W.
“I am a visually impaired ski racer and am participating in the Lake Hopatcong Foundation fundraiser on Oct 9 on a tandem bike with my son, Paul, at the front. Hopefully you can assist us in this worthy cause in order to raise awareness that people with disabilities can participate in many activities and raise some money for a worthy cause.” –Larry M.
“I've only lived in Landing for 2 years and missed the Lake Loop last year. It has all the things I like to do outside PLUS it helps keep the lake clean and also to build a complete trail around the lake so that's pretty cool. I'm all about that! Sounds fun.” –Timothy J.
“Lake Loop made a dreary day bright. Looking forward to Sept 24, 2017 ....” –Ted T.
If you haven't registered for Lake Loop 2017 Click Here
Online Pre-Registration closes at midnight on September 22nd. Day of registration available staring at 7am on Sunday , September 24th.
About the event...
20, 40, 62 mile bike ride
5k adventure trail run/walk or dog walk
2.5 mile paddle
Proceeeds for Lake Loop 2017 will go to the Lake Hopatcong Foundation, a 501c3 dedicated to improving Lake Hopatcong for everyone, now and in the years to come.
#Kindness for Christopher Rocks at Lake Loop 2017
We're proud to announce that we will be sharing the inspirational message of the Kindness for Christopher movement in the LHF trail blazing initiative and at Lake Loop 2017. We will be painting #kindnessforchristopher inspirational rocks prior to and at the event that will be placed around the 40 mile trail that the Lake Hopatcong Foundation is currently blazing. For more details on the trail you can check out the LHF webpage https://lakehopatcongfoundation.org/what-we-do/recreation/. To learn more about Kindness for Christopher check out their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KindnessForChristopherD and share the page...share the movement... spread the kindness.. do one kind deed and post it on this page to inspire others to do the same in Christopher's memory.