100% of the donations from the CrowdRise Giving Tower Holiday Challenge will go to LCE's programs for youth on the Pine RIdge Reservation like:
- The #WeAreHere Writing and Art Challenge for Native Youth, which encourages youth to use their voices to bring about social change and engages a global audience of judges and fans
- Game Changers Youth Summits, which bring together teams devoted to education, service and excellence
- A Youth Advisory Board, made up of Lakota teens from across the Pine Ridge Reservation who are committed to excellence
- Mini-grants to fund projects like college tours, youth board projects and to turn the ideas of the community into action.
- Publishing collections of #NativeVoices on Medium and other outlets.
- Volunteerism on the Reservation and around the world, all coming together to help open doors for all of America's children, regardless of their heritage or place of birth.
There are lots of charities out there. Why us?
- We ask you to LEARN about Pine Ridge Reservation;
- Listen to what the youth themselves have to say -- we dare you not to CARE; and then
- ENGAGE yourself and your friends and families in the movement.
Some people dream in their sleep, we act on our dreams.... Join us.
From Lakota youth:
~LCE never lets us forget that those of us who remain in school and give back to our communities really are the “cool” kids.
~None of my accomplishments would have been possible without LCE’s support and guidance— allowing me to give back to my community and encouraging me to be proud of my heritage.
~I am learning to step out of my comfort zone and put myself out here in the community about topics that are important. I would never have done that without the encouragement and mentorship from LCE. I’m finding my place and I am so proud to be a part of the Youth Advisory Board. The LCE is my family.
~We are so blessed to have [LCE] in our lives. You help me to show my children that positive things can happen here, and that there is hope -- even when our communities are hurting. I cannot express how thankful I am for that.
~You have given us, our Lakota youth, a glimmer of hope and inspiration!! Together we can make that difference that will create leaders and will allow the youth to realize their full potentials!