I'm running the NYC Marathon on 11/4 and will be raising money for a great cause - The A21 Campaign. This is a global organization that fights to stop human trafficking.
Here are some quick facts about Human Trafficking:
* Human trafficking is the second largest global organized crime today, generating approximately 31.6 billion USD each year. Specifically, trafficking for sexual exploitation generates 27.8 billion USD per year.
* There are 1.39 million victims of commercial sexual servitude worldwide.
* Over 25 percent of sex trafficked victims are trafficked from Southern and Eastern Europe.
* 90% of victims trafficked into the European Union member states will end up in the sex industry.
* Tragically, only 1-2 percent of victims are rescued, and only 1 in 100,000 Europeans involved in trafficking are convicted.
Please consider donating to this great organization. Thanks!