LAURITA SPINA BIFIDA PROJECT
Tax ID: 47-1433249
BASED: Orlando, FL, United States
LAURITA SPINA BIFIDA PROJECT
Awareness is the Key
Knowledge is indeed power, and by sharing accurate knowledge about Spina Bifida in a compassionate way, we can truly improve the quality of life of all people living with Spina Bifida across the globe.
It starts with YOU. The Laurita Spina Bifida Project, Inc., is a tax-exempt, 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization founded in 2014. Mission Statement:
The Laurita Spina Bifida Project, Inc. was founded in 2014 for the following purposes:
(1) to oversee the creation and launch of a national campaign in the U.S. and abroad to promote awareness of spina bifida, highlighting the "real" stories of individuals and families living with spina bifida, including the positive aspects of their lives;
(2) to educate professionals in the fields of medicine and health care, specifically those entrusted with the care of people with spina bifida, from prenatal through adulthood, and to equip them with the tools to provide objective yet compassionate information to families living with spina bifida at all stages of life;
(3) to educate professionals in the fields of mental health care on the high incidence of major depressive disorder and other mental illnesses in youth and adults with spina bifida, and to discuss with them ways in which mental health care can be incorporated early on in the treatment of children and adults with spina bifida;
(4) to educate professionals in all medical fields about the need for a seamless transition to adult-centered health care for youth and adults with spina bifida who are aging or have aged out of pediatric health care, so that no person with spina bifida suffers from a diminished quality of life due to the lack of continued health care;
(5) to engage with communities around the world with the purpose of assessing the most pressing needs of individuals and families affected by spina bifida, in the hopes of bringing these issues to public light, and connect them to the organizations that can best serve them
(6) to provide an online platform allowing families affected by spina bifida and supporters to connect and engage with each other across the globe.
The Laurita Spina Bifida Project, Inc. envisions a world in which all people who are affected by spina bifida, be it an individual with spina bifida, a parent, child, sibling, or caregiver, or supporter of the spina bifida community, can engage and interact openly with others in the community and connect based on their shared hope for increased awareness.
We envision a spina bifida community that is united, not fragmented, in which no one feels alone or isolated.
We envision the start of a national, and international, conversation centered around educating others about spina bifida.
We envision a world in which all people with spina bifida are treated with dignity and respect, and in which the medical community is poised to transition youth with spina bifida to adult-centered health care. We also envision a world where someone born with spina bifida may anticipate the same quality of life and medical care as their peers.
Finally, The LSBP, Inc., envisions a world in which individuals with spina bifida and their caregivers and supporters are connected to the resources they need, thereby thriving, leading healthy lives and maximizing their potential as active contributors to our society.
The Laurita Spina Bifida Project, Inc., is a tax-exempt, 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization founded in 2014.
Want to get involved? It'd be amazing if you created a fundraiser for our charity and helped us raise money. Create a Fundraiser