BENEFITING: LEON COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY
ORGANIZER: LEON COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY
Friends – I’m asking you to help the Leon County Humane Society (LCHS) save animals in overcrowded shelters who are at risk of being euthanized.
Since 2011, the LCHS Rescue Ride Program has saved over 500 lives by transporting dogs from overcrowded shelters in North Florida and South Georgia to Humane Societies and SPCAs in South Florida where they enter guaranteed adoption programs.
The Michelson Found Animals Saving Pets Challenge begins TODAY and runs through midnight October 30th. The team that raises the most during the Challenge wins a $50,000 donation and second place gets $20,000. The goal of the campaign is to reduce shelter euthanasia and the LCHS will commit the funds raised to launch more Rescue Rides in 2015!
Our goal is to raise $20,000 during the month of October. And contributing to this challenge has never been easier because it can all be done online! Further, your contributions are tax deductible!
Every donation makes a difference.
- $25 Pays for one dog's Rescue Ride trip.
- $50 Buys milk replacement for a litter of orphaned kittens.
- $75 Provides flea treatment for 6 itchy dogs or cats or treatment for a pet with minor special needs.
- $100 Neuters two homeless puppies.
- $250 Provides basic treatment for a small, heartworm positive dog.
- $500 Covers the supply costs of one Rescue Ride or treatment for a pet with major special needs.
And… if you donate or raise $1000 or more, the LCHS Puppy Wagon will schedule a visit to your home or office (or maybe your child’s school) with a handpicked crew of canines and felines schooled in the art of thank you kisses!
Please help me raise funds for the animals! Thank you! Leslie