BENEFITING: CHARLOTTE CHAMBER COMMUNITY FOUNDATION INC
EVENT: Leadership High Prom 2016
EVENT DATE: Jun 04, 2016
DONATE TO JILL TO HELP HER WIN PROM QUEEN!!
GO RED!!! - Leadership Charlotte Class of 2006
Jill is a transactional tax attorney, who focuses on asset transfers in the context of wills, trusts, estates, probate, asset protection, real estate, business and succession planning. Jill has been a member of the Florida Bar since May of 2002, belonging to the Tax Law Section, and Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section and the Charlotte County Bar Association.
Jill was born in Charlotte, NC, and moved to Jacksonville Beach where she attended middle and high school and was a national championship cheerleader. She attended the University of Florida for all three of her degrees, obtaining a Bachelor of Science with High Honors in May of 1997; a Juris Doctorate with Honors in December of 2001; and a Master of Laws in Taxation in May of 2003.
While at the University of Florida, Jill served as the Graduate Assistant Editor of the Florida Tax Review and the Research Editor for the Journal of Technology and Public Policy. She received Honors in Legal Research and Writing, was a teaching assistant for Appellate Advocacy, and was a law clerk for various law firms located in Gainesville, Daytona Beach, Jacksonville, and Barcelona, Spain.
Upon graduation in May of 2003, Jill and her husband, Chad, moved to Charlotte County, where Jill has continuously practiced law. Jill established the McCrory Law Firm, in June of 2009. Jill was an adjunct law professor at Florida Gulf Coast University, teaching Florida Estates Trust & Probate and Elder Law to graduating seniors and at the Lifelong Learning Institute.
Jill enjoys volunteering and is involved with many non-profit organizations. She is a current board member of the Charlotte Community Foundation. She is a 2005 graduate of Leadership Charlotte and is a founding member of the Charlotte County Young Professionals. Also, she is the past Chairman of the Board of Trustee for Bayfront Punta Gorda, past President of the Charlotte Estate Tax Planning Council, past Board Member for the American Cancer Society, Cultural Center of Charlotte County, Charlotte County Homeless Coalition Foundation for the Prevention of Hunger and Homelessness and Team Punta Gorda.
Jill enjoys boating, gardening, cooking, painting, singing and dancing. Notably, she was the Charlotte County Dancing With the Stars champion for 2010 and 2015. All proceeds of her dance went to support the Arts and Humanities Council
What: Leadership High Prom
The Leadership Charlotte Class of 2016 is hosting a prom-themed fundraising event to benefit the following organizations, all of which benefit the children of Charlotte County:
• Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida (benefiting the pediatric specialty clinic in Charlotte County): provides high quality care across a variety of specialties including oncology, neurology and hematology; allowing the children of Charlotte County to receive this care close to home.
• New Operation Cooper Street: located in the Trabue Woods neighborhood of Punta Gorda, NOCS serves Charlotte County youth by providing after school care, summer camps and educational opportunities.
• AMI Kids Crossroads: a non-profit home and charter school for foster boys who have had multiple failed placements in the Florida foster care system.
The event is open to the general public and Leadership Charlotte alumni are highly encouraged to attend and participate in the Leadership Alumni Prom Court contest.
When: Saturday June 4, 2016 6:00pm-10:00pm
Where: Charlotte County Fairgrounds
Ticket Price: $75 per person
• Crowning of the Leadership Alumni Prom Court
• Dinner with a Cash Bar
• Infinity DJs Playing Your Favorites from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and Today
• Silent Auction with Dozens of Items
• Wine Toss: Ring a bottle and Take it Home!
• Raffle Prizes Including a 50/50 Raffle
To purchase tickets, visit:
For more information, contact one of the following event co-chairs:
Sean Doherty: 941-258-2491 or email@example.com
Jennifer Beane: 941-916-1813 or Jennifer@presleybeane.com