Seeds of Peace, Inc. wrote -
This coming year we are committed to provide our Seeds community with high qualityprograms and opportunities To do this, we set a goal to raise 100,000 NIS (approximately 27,000$) We already have raised 35,000 shekels, and we hope you will join our effort in bringing these ideas for our Seeds of Peace community into reality!
We want to provide opportunities for all members of our community -all donations will go to support the following:
- Borders Seminar (for Junior Seeds in high school): “Borders seminar” will bring together 60 Junior Seeds (including Palestinians and Americans) for an immersive and experiential exploration of the idea of "borders" through tours, lectures and workshops.
- Trainings for University students: These trainings will allow you to bring your leadership experience to campus, organize events and activities to bring people together to better communities and bring about change.
- YPO partnership for alumni above the age of 22: We plan to partner with the Young Presidents Organization – a global network of the world’s business leaders – to create opportunities for you to network and learn with exceptional professionals from your countries who are equally committed to advancing change.
- Community outreach trainings for our network of Educators and civic leaders: We will offer training and support while reaching out to develop fuller partnerships with the schools that our Seeds attend.
- Dialogue groups and experiential learning trips for Seed parents: You will have the chance to engage in the same kinds of Seeds of Peace experiences as your kids and an opportunity to engage in your own process and meet with other parents and members of the community.
- Bara’em el Salaam – Sprouts of Peace, for our wider Palestinian community): These are ,camps in Gaza and the West Bank – led by our Palestinian Seeds and Educators – that enable Palestinian children to come together from different cities to meet and develop skills in literacy and English language, self-expression and communication, and positive community building.
If you live in Israel and want to make a gift of $50 or more, you can make a tax-deductible donation to Seeds of Peace through Signing Anew. Please make cheques payable to Signing Anew and in a separate note indicate that you would like to pass the money to Seeds of Peace. Please mail cheque and accompanying note to Signing Anew, PO Box 53437, Jerusalem 91533. Seeds of Peace is an approved project of Signing Anew, a registered non-profit in Israel (Amutah) with valid authorization as a public institution (section 46A).
How You Can Help
In times like these, the voice for change and peace must be louder. This coming year, Seeds of Peace is committed to provide its Palestinian and Israeli participants with high quality programs and opportunities. To do this, we have set a goal to raise NIS 100,000 (approximately $27,000). Our supporters have already raised NIS 35,000. Please consider joining them and supporting Seeds of Peace’s mission.
$50 - Each year, more than 100 Seeds return from Camp to communities throughout Palestine and Israel. We host local meetings to root their experiences at home and engage their friends, parents, and other community members. A gift of $50 makes one such meeting possible.
$100 – Our network of Seeds and Educators host an annual “Buds of Peace” (Bara’em el Salaam) camps in Gaza and the West Bank, enabling hundreds of children to come together and develop skills in literacy and English language, self-expression and communication, and positive community building. Every gift of $100 helps to support one youth.
$250 – It is important to us that Israeli and Palestinian Seeds who are teenagers, university students, and young professionals have the opportunity to activate their leadership in communities, on campus, and in their careers. Each gift of $250 will allow us to offer a workshop and training for 5 Seeds throughout the year.
$500 – This gift will allow us to host trainings and build a network of parents, educators, and other civic leaders who support Seeds in schools and communities. This gift supports monthly dialogue meetings for Palestinian and Israeli parents, enabling them to engage in a similar process that their kids went through in Camp and develop real trust within this important network.
$1,000 – Encouraging real dialogue on core conflict issues is at the heart of what we do. This gift will help subsidize one of our signature cross-border trainings that enables youth to gain mediation and negotiation skills from faculty from Harvard Law School, understand the realities and complexities of borders, or connect with other young leaders working towards change in areas affected by ongoing conflict.
For information on tax deductible donations depending on the country you are in, please see here.