Fort Mill Care Center via Crowdrise
July 12, 2015
BENEFITING: FORT MILL CARE CENTER INC
The Fort Mill Care Center needs your help! We have finally found a space to call our permanent home. The new location will ensure that there is always a place where local families can turn to in times of crisis.
Our new location has one existing building that we will renovate, as well as a space for a second building we will construct to help us keep up with the growing need in the community. Our location will contain:
- A 3,000 square foot building for serving our clients and housing our Food Pantry.
- An additional 3,000 square foot storage facility for all of our food donations. This enables us to accept larger food donations and build up a reserve over time.
- Ample space for freezers and refrigerators so that once again we will be able to provide our community members in need with meat, milk, bread, eggs, butter, etc. in addition to non-perishable items.
With YOUR help we can raise the $400,000 we need to secure the new location, renovate our existing building and build the new food pantry storage facility. Will YOU consider a contribution to ensure the Legacy of Caring?
How We Help Those in Need
In 2014 we provided:
- 5,715 hours of volunteer services
- 2,580 food donations consisting of 99,700 pounds of food
- $168,000 towards utility bills
- $30,000 to help clients with prescription needs
- $18,000 in vital dental care assistance
- 428 children with gifts during the holidays
- 97% of monetary donations went direction to helping the community
- $0 were spent on staff salary as we're 100% volunteer-run
Will you help us build this legacy for our community?
*For donors who are making a gift of $1,000 or more, please consider mailing a check.
Fort Mill Care Center
Attn: Legacy of Caring Building Fund
Fort Mill, SC 29716