BENEFITING: Mohonk Preserve, Inc.
EVENT: 2016 Rock the Ridge 50
EVENT DATE: Apr 30, 2016
If Trump can run, we can too! Help make nature great again!
Team Law & Odor (Leigh & Katie, respectively) just signed up for Rock the Ridge, a 50-mile endurance challenge and environmental fundraiser set in the natural beauty of the Mohonk Preserve, a nonprofit nature preserve just 90 miles north of New York City in the Hudson Valley.
Not only are we testing the limits of our sanity, we're going to leverage all our hard work to raise money for the Preserve’s Environmental Education Program. With the pressures kids face from overuse of technology and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle (note: sedintary life and technology overuse is not limited to children (shoutout to the cube-dwellers), but who doesn't like helping the children .. THEY'RE CHILDREN) life for kids can be difficult. And for disadvantaged kids in the community, issues like neighborhood crime and violence make it unsafe to go outside.
Mohonk Preserve is piloting new, innovative programs to help address these issues and get kids outdoors. Any amount you can give will go to this great cause and is greatly appreciated!
Here are a few quick facts about this cause. Mohonk Preserve is:
- One of the most beautiful places in New York, protecting more than 8,000 acres of the Shawangunk Mountains;
- A place where more than 100,000 kids have experienced award-winning environmental education programs;
- Piloting new outdoor education program for at-risk, inner-city youth in Newburgh, NY;
- Allowing people with disabilities to experience the outdoors through its NatureAccess ® program; and
- A nationally-accredited land trust.
Thanks so much for your support!
xoxo Leigh & Katie