The Lend A Hand Service Day is the Next Generation Committee’s (NGC) annual event & fundraiser, bringing together friends, family and community partners, small and large, to give back to those most in need at our local Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington, Fairfax County (BGCGW) region.
This summer NGC is raising $10K to directly support critical Club programs and our Lend A Hand service day projects. Then on September 26th, roll up your sleeves for our service day to paint, build, and renew our Clubs.
There are so many ways to get involved:
- Become a Fundraiser - click "Join the Event" and then "Fundraise Only" to create your own fundraising page to share with everyone you know.
- Register to volunteer in Lend A Hand 2015's Service Day - click "Join the Event" and then "Register to Volunteer" to join us on Saturday, September 26.
- Volunteer & Fundraise - click "Join the Event' and then "Register to Volunteer" to sign up for Service Day, and be sure to create or join a fundraising team during the second step.
Top fundraiser teams will earn prizes!
September 22 – Registration Closes
September 25 - Service day for select Corporate Sponsors
September 26 – Service Day at Fairfax County clubs
If you'd like to support Lend a Hand 2015 but cannot volunteer or fundraise, it only takes about 23 seconds to make a donation. Just click "Donate to a Fundraiser" to show your support.
Building For Our Next Generation!
This is how your meaningful gift and fundraising efforts could be used...
- $50 provides a year-long Boys & Girls Club membership for one child.
- $75 provides a month of healhty snacks for one Club member.
- $100 provides one Club with performing and visual arts supplies.
- $250 sends a youth to summer day camp for a week.
- $500 supports Homework Help program by providing an iPad for a Computer Learning Lab.
- $1K sends Club members on education field trips.
- $5K supports the cost of uniforms, equipment, training and travel for one sports team.
- $10K provides computers and software to a Club in need of technological upgrades.
For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.