Your support of Team LZF will allow The Lenny Zakim Fund to continue to support and strengthen programs that are addressing important issues in our communitites -- programs that provide English classes for new Americans, address and stop youth violence, build homes for low income families, and much, much more!
The mission of The Lenny Zakim Fund is to identify, listen to, support and connect grassroots community organizations and programs operating "below the radar screen" of large charitable groups and government grants. The Lenny Zakim Fund provides assistance to those who demonstrate the will and potential to make a difference, but lack the necessary resources.
As a reflection of Lenny Zakim’s personal ideals, The Lenny Fund is especially interested in supporting groups involved in constructive coalition building across race, religious and ethnic lines. The Lenny Zakim Fund provides financial support, technical assistance and networking opportunities to individuals and grassroots organizations seeking:
- to promote secular and religious educational efforts
- to promote the Jewish tradition of social justice and programs supporting civil and human rights
- to combat illiteracy and poverty
- to support anti-violence initiatives, and
- to advance the causes of medical research and health care.