Amelia Lyons via Crowdrise
December 24, 2012
Many of you have followed me and supported me through my projects, travels, and adventures. And many of you know I have been working for an amazing organization called Splash (www.splash.org). We work hard to ensure that kids around the world have access to reliably safe and clean water. Our focus is urban, our focus is institutions. Our focus is KIDS.
Splash works in seven countries around the world - Ethiopia, China, Cambodia, Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam and India. With growing rural-to-urban migration, degradation of water is increasing globally. Learn more about all of Splash's projects at www.proving.it.
Kids are often exposed to disgusting water, water that makes them sick. But we don't want that! We want to make sure that kids stay healthy, that they can go to school, learn and become the future doctors, teachers, lawyers and advocates!
This holiday season, give the gift of potential! So here's the plan: I'm trying to raise $10,000 for kids in Ethiopia, Cambodia and Nepal as part of Splash's $200k by the end of the year. So far, Splash is, today, providing water for almost 225,000 kids! That's a lot of smiles and laughter!
- $500 can buy a water storage tank so the kids always have access to water, even when the city water is off
- $200 can provide bubblers (drinking fountains) and taps for a water station so kids can drink the water any time their heart desires!
- $150 can provide 5 years of spare parts to make sure the water is clean, safe, and reliable
- $100 can provide hygiene training for kids so they can learn about handwashing (and germs)!
- $50 can buy handwashing signs for a school - don't forget to wash your hands!
I hope that you can help reach this HUGE goal of $10,000 - together we can do it!
You can follow me on my blog through all of my adventures: http://gypsyclicks.blogspot.com/