BENEFITING: HELPING HUMANS ACROSS AMERICA
ORGANIZER: HELPING HUMANS ACROSS AMERICA
EVENT DATE: Aug 20, 2012
HELPING HUMANS ACROSS AMERICA wrote -
Let's Build a Home for Paulin Marius
LEVE Housing would like to to build a home for Paulin Marius and his family before the hurricane season hits Haiti this summer 2012.
The Marius Family:
When Paulin Marius (19) was nine years old, he was struck with a severe fever that crippled the development of the right side of his body. He has little use of his right hand and great difficulty walking with his right leg.
Despite these physical setbacks, everyday Paulin walks a quarter mile to take a bus to school in the next town. Paulin has worked hard to get a scholarship and maintains honors in each subject. He is currently in the 10th grade equivalent.
Local organizations provide Paulin with clothes, food, and healthcare, when they are able so that Paulin can continue his studies.
- Paulin (19)
- Mother – Died of illness when Paulin was two.
- Gerard, father - Has gone blind after getting cataracts in 2007. His blindness has made it impossible for him to find work.
- Herold, brother (20)– Tries to work as a welder’s assistant and washes cars in the street.
- Sagine, sister (23)– Is unable to find work and stays with other family members because the family does not have a safe place for her to stay in their current home.
Their Current Home
Their current home is made of mud brick, unfinished hand cut wood, metal roofing, and tarps. The walls have collapsed on more than sixty percent of the home, which leaves them open to thieves, rats, rain, and mosquitoes. In the last year Paulin has had clothes and shoes stolen from his home and his father has fallen ill to Malaria.
*See pictures in the gallery.
The New Home
- 500 sq. ft. Home
- Living Room
- Indoor/Outdoor Kitchen
- Front Porch
- Front and Side Door
- Plumbing for sink, toilet and shower
- Electrical wiring for interior and exterior lights, outlets
- All interior and exterior finishes (paint, tile etc.)
*Engineered to all IBC (International Building Code) standards for Hurricanes and Earthquakes.
*See photo gallery for new home layout!
You give. Paulin Gets a Home.
- It will provde a sense of safety, pride, and dignity.
- Allow Paulin to continue his studies much more successfully.
- And may even reunite the family.
The Word-Cloud; How it Works
You give. Kevin and Courtney will be rocking your name! The more you give, the bigger your name becomes!
- The Word-Cloud is a visual representation for text data. The size of a word represents the number of times the word is repeated in the source text.
- For every ten dollars you give, you get a word submitted into the LEVE word-cloud. (there are deals for buying words in bulk!)
- The more words you submit, the bigger your word becomes.
- At the end of the campaign, the word cloud will be posted online by LEVE and our fundraising partners.
The Word-Cloud will also become a t-shirt which will be worn and posted by our fundraising partners.
- You can also purchase our unique Word-Cloud t-shirt! Shoot us a message if interested.
*Check out the media gallery to see an example of the Word-Cloud.
*Make sure when you give, that you include your word in the comment section of the submission! Or shoot us an email if you missed it.
So You Know...
If we raise more than the amount listed, we can keep building more homes!
Every USD $ 28,000 will allow us to finance another home for a family in need.
Other Ways You Can Help
Spread the word!
Interested in being a part of the team? Shoot us an email!