"This fundraiser means a great deal to me & my dear friend Steve Olsen. Nooooo...I'm not running, but I hope a few of you will throw a couple bucks to the cause or come out on Sept 27 and run the 5K. You really are making a difference by donating or running." ~ Lewis Black.
Rewards for Team Lewis Black Donors:
- The Highest Donor will receive 2 complimentary tickets* to a show on the 2015 Fall Tour. You and your guest will meet Lewis after the show! View Tour Dates
- The Second Highest Donor will receive a "swag bag" full of Lewis Black collectibles (t-shirts, hat, bobblehead, coffee mug, etc).
- Anyone who donates $50 or more will be automatically entered in a random drawing to receive an autographed item (photo, DVD, etc). Limit of 10 randomly selected winners.
(Event times subject to change/ Event will be held RAIN OR SHINE)
- Date: September 27, 2015
- Registration: (at Hudson River Park's, Pier 84): 8:00AM-8:30AM
- Group Photo (at Hudson River Park's, Pier 84): 8:45AM
- Walk/Run Start: (at Hudson River Park's, Pier 84): 9:00AM
- Contact: Standley Charles 212-317-0737 email@example.com
- Contact: Tanya Cintron 212-317-0738 firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW FOR THIS YEAR --- Top individual fundraisers from any/all Teams as well as a few randomly selected donors will be invited to a special cocktail reception the following week with comedian LEWIS BLACK at the West Bank Café (Limited space is available).
The Run for Rogosin race was founded by kidney transplant recipient Steve Olsen, owner of The West Bank Café in the heart of New York City's theater district. Many of Steve's Broadway theater friends have joined the crowd of runners for the last several years. His personal commitment, and that of his friends to our cause, makes this a one-of-a-kind event.
Steve received a kidney transplant several years ago but for 8 years beforehand, experienced the best dialysis care through The Rogosin Institute. Before his illness, Steve was an avid runner, completing two NYC marathons and encouraging friends in their training. He was so grateful for the amazing care he received, that the year before the transplant, he started an event to benefit The Institute. Sadly, that first year he was too sick to run himself but after the kidney transplant he received through Rogosin, Steve was back on his feet running alongside even more people. Last year, more than 200 people joined him, running or walking down the Hudson River bike path on the Run for Rogosin’s 5K course.
The Run for Rogosin has grown over the years because more and more people want to spread the word about kidney disease and how staying fit can help prevent it.
To learn more about the Rogosin Institute, please visit our homepage: http://www.rogosin.org
*Rewards for Team Lewis Black Donors: Complimentary tickets and meet & greet do not include transportation or lodging. Tickets are Will Call pick up at the venue box office the night of the show only. You will be required to show a photo I.D. Some venues may have age restrictions. Winners will be notified by email so make sure the email address you use is one you check often!