"This fundraiser means a great deal to me & my dear friend Steve Olsen. Nooooo...I'm not running, but I hope a few of you will throw a couple bucks to the cause or come out on Sept 27 and run the 5K. You really are making a difference by donating or running." ~ Lewis Black
UPDATE! Donate at least $25 through Team Lewis Black from now until Sept 25, 2016 @ 11:59:59pm ET and, in addition to the Team Lewis Black Rewards listed, you'll also be entered for a chance to win one of these amazing prizes:
- First Place Grand Prize - two tickets to the Broadway show Hamilton and dinner for two at the West Bank Cafe on show night)
- Second Place Prize - two tickets to the Broadway show Wicked and dinner for two at the West Bank Cafe on show night)
- Third Place Prize - two tickets to the Broadway show Cats and dinner for two at the West Bank Cafe on show night)
Every $25 donated is another entry to win. Click Here for rules. No purchase necessary to enter or win
Rewards for Team Lewis Black Donors:
- The Highest Donor will receive 2 complimentary tickets* to a show on the 2016 Fall Tour. Blackout dates may apply. You and your guest will meet Lewis after the show! View Tour Dates
- The Second Highest Donor will receive a "swag bag" full of Lewis Black collectibles (t-shirts, hat, bobblehead, coffee mug, etc).
- Anyone who donates $50 or more will be automatically entered in a random drawing to receive an autographed item (photo, DVD, etc). Limit of 10 randomly selected winners.
(Event times subject to change/ Event will be held RAIN OR SHINE)
EVENT DATE: September 25, 2016
- REGISTRATION (at Hudson River Park's, Pier 84): 8:00 A.M. - 8:30 A.M.
- GROUP PHOTO (at Hudson River Park's, Pier 84): 8:30 A.M.
- WALK/RUN START (at Hudson River Park's, Pier 84): 9:00 A.M
- Susan Spiegel 646-317-0709, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tanya Cintron 646-317-0738, email@example.com
The Run for Rogosin is in its 7th YEAR ! It was founded by kidney transplant recipient Steve Olsen, owner of the West Bank Cafe in the heart of New York City's theater district. Many of Steve's Broadway theater friends have joined the crowd of runners for the last several years. His personal commitment, and that of his friends to our cause, make this a one- of-a-kind event.
Steve received a kidney transplant several years ago but for 8 years beforehand, experiences the best dialysis care through The Rogosin Institute. Before his illness Steve was an avid runner, completing two NYC marathons and encouraging friends in their training. He was so grateful for the amazing care he received, he started this event to benefit Rogosin. That first year he was soo sick to run himself but since the kidney transplant he received through Rogosin, Steve has been back o his feet running alongside even more people. Last year more than 250 people joined him, running or walking don the Hudson RIver bike path on the Run For Rogosin's 5K course.
The Run for Rogosin has grown over the years because more and more people want to spread awareness about kidney disease and how staying fit can help prevent it.
To learn more about The Rogosin Institute, please visit us at www.rogosin.org.
*Rewards for Team Lewis Black Donors: Complimentary tickets and meet & greet do not include transportation or lodging. Tickets are Will Call pick up at the venue box office the night of the show only. You will be required to show a photo I.D. Some venues may have age restrictions. Winners will be notified by email so make sure the email address you use is one you check often!