BENEFITING: Urban Initiatives
On June 6th, Urban Initiatives will hold its 3rd Annual Work to Play Cup, a huge, friendly soccer tournament featuring 1,100 K-8th grade children from 29 of Chicago's most underserved communities.
Team LGCBCE, join us to support the K-4th grade soccer players from Jahn Elementary at the Work to Play Cup. Team Sponsorships are $3,000. Thanks to Harness's amazing match, your donation will count for TRIPLE!
Please consider donating $20 today!
About Jahn Elementary
- Joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play program in the spring of 2007.
- Located in the Hamlin Park neighborhood in Chicago and has 324 students.
- 71% of the school population is hispanic. 76% come from low-income households.
- Jahn offers comprehensive extracurricular activities and Urban Initiatives is a key partner at the school.
- Jahn’s players go nuts for Crazy Crab Soccer and Traffic Control. When they play Crazy Crab Soccer, they scurry around the gym at full speed, and some of the players have gotten pretty good at their crab walking.