Supporting programs that treat cancer locally and advance treatment globally.
- Ride ‘Round Rhody is a bike-a-thon held each summer to raise funds for local cancer treatment.
- Since 2009, participants have generated more than $350,000 for local cancer treatment. These funds have been distributed to local hospitals to provide cancer services, including clinical trials that have a national impact
- Nearly 1,000 cyclists and volunteers have joined the effort
- Team LIFEcycle was formed in 2009 to accomplish two major goals:
- Provide a means through which local residents can receive the support they need to increase their level of activity by training and competition as part of a team
- Inspire members of the community-at-large to live healthy, active lifestyles