BENEFITING: Light of Life Ministries
ORGANIZER: Light of Life Ministries
EVENT: Pittsburgh Marathon 2016
EVENT DATE: May 01, 2016
Light of Life Ministries wrote -
Light of Life is well-known for providing meals and shelter, but offering basic needs is only one aspect of a broader, multi-faceted mission.
Light of Life aims to help people to:
- Stabilize their lives through access to basic needs
- Build a foundation for living addiction-free lives
- Have access to educational resources
- Learn new skills to achieve career goals
- Gain self-esteem, self-determination and essential life skills through group and individual counseling
- Gain a sense of hope and purpose through Light of Life’s loving, supportive environment
By equipping those less fortunate with tools to overcome poverty and other adversities, Light of Life helps improve the quality of life for the next generation. With functional, caring parents, children have the chance to succeed in school and grow up as healthy, productive citizens. As a result, Pittsburgh communities can grow and prosper.
Here are some of the ways we’ll use the funds you raise:
$2.34 covers the cost of one meal
$40 cover the cost of one night of shelter for one person
$385 covers the cost of one day of programming for our Women and Children’s Program
$1,000 covers the cost of mattresses, pillows, bedding, and towels for the shelter for one year.