BENEFITING: Sanctuary for Families
EVENT DATE: May 07, 2017
Once again, we are riding for Sanctuary for Families in the Five Borough Bike Tour quickly approaching on Sunday May 7th! As always, we are riding for a host of reasons and hope that one or more will inspire you to make a donation in support of our ride:
- Sanctuary for Families continues to do amazing work with and on behalf of survivors of gender violence - direct services that touch over 17,000 victims each year, and outreach and advocacy efforts that bring real change in the community.
- Over 70% of the clients served by Sanctuary are immigrants, many of them undocumented - as painfully highlighted in The NY Times, many are now afraid to come forward and seek help. Sanctuary has the largest legal center in the country with an expertise in gender violence, and our immigration attorneys are doing all they can to protect and calm the fears of our immigrant clients.
- We are all looking for ways to resist the horrific policies coming out of Washington DC, and supporting Sanctuary for Families is a tangible way to translate your anger into helping a victim in need.
- Every survivor has their own story and journey - every one is an inspiration, and you can watch a few of them share their stories here.
- it's Lisa's birthday on Saturday, and a gift to Sanctuary would be an excellent birthday present. :-)
We know there are so many causes out there worthy of your support - we hope that you'll keep Sanctuary on your list and help us reach out $5,000 fundraising goal.
With love, Lisa and Gara