STRATEGIES FOR YOUTH is a nationally focused organization to improve police/youth interactions, promote better understanding and communication of the complicated dynamics that shape police/youth relationships, and improve public safety, while reducing arrests and high rates of youth of color being pulled into the juvenile justice system for low level offenses.
What we do at Strategies for Youth:
- EngagingCommunities and youth advocates seeking to improve police/youth interactions and reduce youth violence and court involvement;
- Building a movementto increase training and skill requirements for those police who work with youths, including mandatory instruction in adolescent psychology and brain development;
- Implementing our Policing the Teen Brain training modelwhichofferspolice a solid grounding in youth development, mental health needs of youth, tactics for de-escalating encounters with youth, as well as effective strategies for asserting authority with youth;
- Replicating Juvenile Justice Jeopardy (JJJeopardy), an interactive, scenario-based educational ‘game’ for youth to help them understand the implications of how increased criminalization of conduct, and the short and long term ramifications of arrest and court involvement can affect their future opportunities.
- Providing technical assistancethrough assessments, management consulting, strategic planning, and trouble-shooting to police departments about children and youth issues.
We're working on writing something so riveting for this section that we recommend you sit at your computer and hit refresh over and over until our story goes live.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Lisa 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Lisa this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Lisa. Thanks to your vote, Lisa earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
Total Impact Points
Lisa Thurau's Fundraisers
I'm working on creating my first super compelling Fundraiser so please keep hitting refresh over and over until my first Fundraiser shows up. Or just wait for me to email you about it.