BENEFITING: Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly
ORGANIZER: Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly
Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly wrote -
When the holiday season is upon us, the absence of family and friends is most overwhelming. Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly works with incredible volunteers to make spirits bright for our seniors year-round - and on Christmas Day we make sure no elder is alone.
This year, 600 of our elders will celebrate Christmas Day with LBFE Chicago.
- 400 elders at three holiday parties
- 200 elders receiving home-delivered meals and nursing home visits
Volunteers will deliver 200 beautiful plants, along with holiday meals and treats, to our homebound elders and those living in nursing homes.
Volunteers will pick up elders and bring them to a celebration with a three-course meal, entertainment, and fellowship! At the end of the party every elder receives a lovely red rose in the spirit of our motto "flowers before bread" and we hope the rose reminds them of the day spent among friends.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- $10 – sends a home delivered meal with flowers & a friendly visit
- $40 – supports 5 nursing home visits by friendly volunteers bringing an elder flowers and treats
- $100 – supports 10 rides to/from the partie for elders in wheelchairs or with limited mobility
(100 special mobility rides are needed to transport elders who are in wheelchairs or have limited mobility)
- $250 – provides a table of 8 with a three-course meal, flowers, entertainment, & friendly transportation by a volunteer.
Thank you for helping make spirits bright of our elders.