Matt 411 via Crowdrise
January 11, 2013
BENEFITING: Lupus Foundation of America, Inc.
The Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. (LFA) is the foremost national nonprofit health organization dedicated to finding the causes of and cure for lupus and providing support, services and hope to all people affected by lupus.
The LFA energetically pursues its mission through five program objectives:
1) Provides direct financial support to researchers through LFA's own national research program, Bringing Down the Barriers
2) Advocates for increased public and private sector support for research on lupus
3) Translates research findings into medically sound information and programs for people with lupus, their families, physicians, and other health professionals
4) Heightens public awareness of the impact of lupus
5) Supports individuals with lupus, their families and caregivers
The LFA was established in 1977 when local lupus organizations came together to bring national attention and resources to lupus. Since that time, the LFA has evolved into the field’s preeminent nonprofit lupus organization with nearly 300 chapters, support groups and community representatives nationwide.
The LFA plays a key role in bringing together all stakeholders -- researchers, clinicians, elected officials, policy makers, industry leaders, other national organizations, and people affected by lupus -- to address lupus on the federal, state and local levels.