Thank you to Raw Cane SuperJuice!
December 14, 2016
The Los Angeles Food Policy Council is a non-profit devoted to the health, sustainability and fairness of food in our region. We believe all communities deserve access to good food, grown in a way that respects people and the planet.
Our mission is to promote civic engagement and policy solutions that address hunger, health disparities, environmental sustainability and working conditions within our local food system.
Working together with stakeholders in government, business and the non-profit community, we have successfully implemented policies to improve:
- school food
- senior meals
- urban farms and community gardens
- fighting ‘food desert’ conditions and food insecurity facing many low-income Angelenos
Support for the Los Angeles Food Policy Council goes a long way to build the Good Food movement. We connect and catalyze hundreds of individuals and organizations across the region through dynamic working groups, engaging public events and our innovative, community-driven research and policy approach.
By addressing the food system as a whole, your support promotes sustainable, fair food in a fundamental way. Help make LA a Good Food region – where food is healthy, affordable, sustainable and fair for ALL.
BIG THANKS AND SHOUT OUT TO OUR GOOD FOOD BUSINESS FRIENDS who have joined our fundraising team!
- Todo Verde - @TodoVerdeLA
- Raw Cane SuperJuice - @rawcanejuice
Your contributions can make an impact. Here are examples of what your donation to the LA Food Policy Council means:
$25 - Supports free admission for one community member at LAFPC's Network events
$100 - Supports a community member's participation in a learning field trip to an urban farm and research for our Urban Agriculture Working Group
$200 - Supports an emerging culinary artist's participation in our events
$500 - Hosts a free public Network event on topics ranging from climate resiliency to eliminating health disparities
$1,000 - Supports a produce cooler for a "mom n' pop" neighborhood market to expand access to healthy food in low-income neighborhoods
$2,000 - Supports Food Day at LA City Hall, the city's largest civic engagement event for food
Check out our Annual Report to learn more about our work: bit.ly/LAFPC2016
SPECIAL GIFTS FOR OUR TOP SUPPORTERS:
- #1 Donor receives 2 free tickets to our Good Food Gala in June 2017, a fabulous culinary event with 10 of LA's top chefs + free advertising for your company at our Gala + lunch with the awesome LAFPC team!
- #2 Donor receives free advertising for your company at the Good Food Gala + lunch with the awesome LAFPC team!
- #3 Donor wins free lunch with the LAFPC team!