Lost in the fire.
Organized by: Shirley Kennedy
I created this page to help my brother and niece after they lost their partner and mother, Veronica, in an apartment fire in the early morning on March 12th. They will need help rebuilding and starting over. My brother and niece were able to get out with only the clothes they were sleeping in, no shoes, or coat. They were given emergency clothing at the hospital. They will need so much more. Roosevelt, my brother, suffered burns to his head and face in his attempt to save Veronica. My niece was thankfully physically unharmed. They will be living with me until they are back on the their feet. The donation are to help with unexpected medical expenses and with finding an apartment. My brother will need burn treatment for the 3rd degree burns he suffered and both will need help to deal with what has happened. Family will supply and help with everything they can but they will need so much more. Veronica Boyd was a loving mother of two beautiful daughters and a grandmother to a grandson. She is going to be missed so much by so many. I'm still in shock and denial that she's gone.