LOVE THE LYMPHEDEMA TREATMENT ACT- VALENTINES WALK 2017
Team Member: Tara Schuckert
EVENT DATE Feb 14, 2017
Lymphedema Advocacy Group Board wrote -
Why Are We Fundraising?
Because passage of the Lymphedema Treatment Act is critical! You can read about why here.
Every two years, The Lymphedema Treatment Act (like all other bills awaiting passage) enters a new Congress and must begin again to renew and broaden its Congressional cosponsorhships. A big part of that process involves around one hundred volunteers from across the country traveling directly to Washington for an event known as "Lymphedema Lobby Days". You can read more about Lobby Days here. Lobby Days has traditionally garnered dozens of critical cosponsors for the LTA, however, the event is not without expense. This is where you come in!
How can you help? There are two options to chose from:
1) Donate: Just click the "DONATE" button to make a secure online donation.
Note: If you’d feel more comfortable donating by check, you can make checks payable to The Lymphedema Advocacy Group and mail them to: The Lymphedema Advocacy Group, PO Box 1682, Carrboro, NC 27510.
2) Join “The Team”: If you are feeling even just a little adventurous, you could click the “Join the Team” button and walk in your hometown. When you join, you can "edit" your walk page to personalize it like Sophia's below. You can watch a brief "how to" video we've prepared by here.
You can then easily share the fundraiser links via social media (such as Facebook, Twitter, or email) with friends and family. Let them know that you have joined the walk and ask if they might support you and your cause with a donation. We just ask that you spread the word, walk on February 14th, and donate!
As far as the walk, you can walk 10 feet or 10 miles! You can walk on your own or bring friends! You can walk indoors or out! Whatever you like and whatever works for you!
Other great stuff:
- You can download a flyer to print and handout or a flyer for use as an email attachment by clicking here.
- If you’d like some LTA swag (like t-shirts and bags) you can pick them up by here!
- Send us a pic of you on the walk and we’ll upload it to our Facebook page!
IMPORTANT: Our walk waiver can be found here and by signing up to join the team you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the waiver.
Note: Contributions or gifts to the Lymphedema Advocacy Group are not tax deductible. As a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, the Lymphedema Advocacy Group engages in lobbying activity, in keeping with its mission, for passage of the Lymphedema Treatment Act.