August 18, 2017
BENEFITING: GIRLS EDUCATIONAL AND MENTORING SERVICES INC
The GEMS Young Professionals Board (YPB) is thrilled to be kicking off our #LoveLetHers2 campaign this summer!
#LoveLetHers2 is a 30-day fundraiser and awareness campaign to help end commercial sexual exploitation of children.
Young women often feel alienated and vulnerable to the sexual exploitation and violence that plagues them within public and private spaces.
We often hear about the need to "end demand" in order to end trafficking. The lack of visible action on the part of men has created an environment where women feel men are unreliable or unwilling to defend them; consequently, enabling the further sexual exploitation of women for profit.
Through #LoveLetHers2, we will highlight the importance speaking up and standing up for the women and girls in our community to ultimately end the commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking of girls and young women.
Want to know how you can help? Join us at these upcoming events, and help spread the word to your friends and family!
When you donate, this is what your funds are supporting:
- $150: support 6 months of food for a member in GEMS housing
- $100: will support school enrollment for a GEMS member through a stipend from GEMS
- $40 will provide diapers for a month
- $33 will support member travel to-and-from school, housing, and access to support services
- $20 will provide basic toiletries for a month
For more information, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.