Love The Lymphedema Treatment Act- Valentines Walk 2016
Team Member: Jessica Walker
EVENT DATE Feb 14, 2016
I'm joining the fight for proper treatment of lymphedema! I'll be walking 5 miles on February 14th for the Lymphedema Treatment Act. I've been living with lymphedema for 5 years and I know how important it is to have access to the supplies I need to manage my condition. Make a donation to the walk today if you can. I'm hoping to raise $500 by walk day!
Lymphedema Advocacy Group Board wrote -
What Specifically Are We Fundraising For?
In April, we will be holding an event in Washington DC known as "Lymphedema Lobby Days". This will be our third Lobby Days in as many sessions of Congress. Over 100 volunteers are expected to travel from around the country to lobby Members of Congress for the passage of the Lymphedema Treatment Act (LTA). Lobby Days has traditionally garnered dozens of critical new cosponsors for the LTA, however, the event is not without expense. This is where you come in! Most people can't join us in Washington (though all are welcome) but you can help support our lobbying efforts by donating today!
How Can You Help? There Are Two Options to Chose From:
1.Donate: Just click the "DONATE" button to make a secure online donation. If you’d feel more comfortable donating by check, you can make checks payable to The Lymphedema Advocacy Group and mail them to: The Lymphedema Advocacy Group, PO Box 1682, Carrboro, NC 27510.
2.Join “The Team”: If you are feeling even a little adventurous (and we hope you are) you could click the “Join The Team” button and walk along side the Lymphedema Advocacy Group board members in your hometown. When you join you can "edit" your walk page to personalize it like Sophia's below. You can watch a brief "how to" video we've prepared here.
- You can then easily share the fundraiser links via social media (like Facebook, Twitter, or email) with friends and family. Let them know that you have joined the walk and ask if they might support the you and your cause with a donation.
- You can also print a flyer to handout or post here.
- As far as the walk, you can walk 10 feet or 10 miles! You can walk on your own or bring a friend (or two or twenty)! You can walk indoors or out! Whatever you like and whatever works for you.
- We just ask that you spread the word, walk on February 14th, and donate!
- If you’d like some LTA swag (like t-shirts and bags) you can pick them up here!
- Send us a pic of you on the walk and we’ll upload it to our facebook page!
What's Our Big Hurry?
This is a critical year for the Lymphedema Treatment Act. We have made amazing progress in the 114th Congress since our bill was introduced last March. But we need your help to make it over the finish line! Once a two year session of Congress is finished (this session will wrap up at the end of this year), the whole process starts over and the bill has to be re-introduced. Legislating is not easy and we aim to finish the job in THIS Congress once and for all!