One Month Away
September 08, 2017
BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Oct 08, 2017
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is an Official Charity with the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and has a limited number of guaranteed entries available for the race on October 8, 2017.
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the United States are diagnosed with autism. By joining the team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today.
THE IMPACT YOU HELP OAR MAKE:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.