The Ice Age Trail Alliance's Saunters program aims to honor Henry David Thoreau’s statement – “It is a great art to saunter” – while infusing core educational concepts into day hiking and service learning trips on the Ice Age National Scenic Trail. The Alliance collaborates with school districts across Wisconsin to show youth the mental and physical benefits of hiking.
With your support, the Alliance will introduce 300 fourth graders to the Ice Age National Scenic Trail through Saunters. You can sponsor a fourth grader for $10 or the ten spelling-bee finalists for $100. Your donation today with mean a fourth grader will have experiences and memories for a lifetime.
The Ice Age Trail Alliance is proud to work with the following school and districts:
- Milwaukee Public Schools, Milwaukee, WI
- Luck School District, Luck, WI
- Frederic School District, Frederic, WI
- Colfax Elementary, Colfax, WI
- Wausau School District, Wausau, WI
- Park Elementary, Cross Plains, WI
- School District of Lodi, Lodi, WI
- Sauk Prairie Schools, Sauk City, WI
- Janesville School District, Janesville, WI
- Hamilton School District, Sussex, WI
- Renaissance School, Racine, WI
- Monona Grove School District, Monona, W