Lydia Home Association via Crowdrise
October 03, 2015
BENEFITING: Lydia Home Association
Tickets: $10 per chance to win! All proceeds support the LYDIA 2015 Holiday Party. This package includes the award winning book, Vivian Maier: Out of the Shadows (CityFiles Press, 2011) nested in a clothbound, clamshell case with a limited edition, 9"x9" photograph printed from Vivian Maier's original negative! The self-portrait depicted in the photograph was taken by Vivian Maier in Highland Park, IL in 1965 and posthumously printed by Ron Gordon and Sandra Steinbrecher of Chicago in 2014. Graciously donated by Jeffrey Goldstein of Chicago, this clamshell set is rare in that it is no longer available on the market. Online ticket sales will end on Friday, October 2, 2015, at 9pm CST. The winner will be announced on Saturday, October 3, 2015.
LYDIA HOLIDAY PARTY QUICK FACTS
Proceeds benefit the holiday party scheduled for Friday, December 11. Website: www.lydiahome.org
ABOUT LYDIA HOME ASSOCIATION
LYDIA is an extraordinary organization that has been operating in the best interest of children and their education for the past 99 years. The Auxiliary Board is honored to help make dreams come true for them every single year! For many LYDIA kids, a special holiday party like this is rare. It is our goal to make them feel special and loved.
LYDIA QUICK FACTS
- LYDIA is a multi-service agency for children that has been in operation for 99 years.
- The 40 kids who live in-house at LYDIA are overcoming trauma from abuse and neglect. They suffer from various emotional and behavioral issues, but work closely with therapists, case workers, and education specialists to overcome the adversity in their lives.
- For these kids, this is the highlight of their Holiday/Christmas experience. Many have parents who are unfit and/or not present in their lives.
- It is our goal to sponsor all 40 kids and buy them gifts on their needs and wishes lists. In addition, we give them a Christmas dinner and provide entertainment and activities for the evening
- Other programs within the LYDIA organization include foster care, placing kids and parents in temporary housing through the Safe Families for Children program, a preschool, and LYDIA Urban Academy: a non-traditional high school for kids who have struggled in other schools.