BENEFITING: Lydia Home Association
EVENT DATE: Nov 26, 2014
Meredith Kober is the winner of the framed Vivian Maier print!
This fundraiser is technically over. However, the system will still accept donations.
LYDIA HOLIDAY PARTY QUICK FACTS
All donations are 501c3 tax deductible.
Donations benefit the holiday party scheduled for Friday, December 12th, 5pm-8pm.
LYDIA is an extraordinary organization that has been operating in the best interest of children and their education for the past 90+ years. The Auxiliary Board is honored to help make dreams come true for them every single year! For many LYDIA kids, a special holiday party like this is rare. It is our goal to make them feel special and loved.
LYDIA QUICK FACTS
- LYDIA is a multi-service agency for children that has been in operation for 90+ years
- The 40 kids who live in-house at LYDIA are overcoming trauma from abuse and neglect. They suffer from various emotional and behavioral issues, but work closely with therapists, case workers, and education specialists to overcome the adversity in their lives
- For these kids, this is the hightlight of their Holiday/Christmas experience. Many have parents who are unfit and/or not present in their lives
- It is our goal to sponsor all 40 kids and buy them gifts on their needs and wishes lists. In addition, we give them a Christmas dinner and provide entertainment and activities for the evening
- Other programs within the LYDIA organization include foster care, placing kids and parents in temporary housing through the Safe Families for Children program, a preschool, and LYDIA Urban Academy: a non-traditional high school for kids who have struggled in other schools
ABOUT LYDIA AUXILIARY BOARD:
The LYDIA Auxiliary Board's mission is defined as a group of active young professionals dedicated to supporting the mission of LYDIA Home Association's residential program through volunteering, outreach and fundraising. As ambassadors of LYDIA, the Auxiliary Board members raise awareness about LYDIA’s mission and provide the community with opportunities to get involved with the 40 children and teens who live at LYDIA. The members of the board are dedicated sponsors to the LYDIA residents, providing them with support through various initiatives throughout the year to cultivate improved mind, body and spirit.