Donate by 4/30 to for a chance to win!
March 20, 2016
Please help Focus: HOPE bring the Children's Defense Fund Freedom Schools program to Detroit's HOPE Village. We must raise money to operate the program to ensure that it operates at NO COST to families. Any amount helps! The HOPE Village neighborhoods, the 100 blocks surrounding Focus: HOPE's campus in the heart of Detroit, presents a microcosm of the educational, economic, and environmental challenges faced by the city. To address these challenges and transform this community, we must nurture our most powerful resource—the young people who live here. Focus: HOPE is excited to introduce the Children's Defense Fund Freedom Schools, a national summer program that promotes the development of strong, literate, and empowered young people. Beginning this summer, the HOPE Village Freedom School will equip multiple generations of youth with the skills to be leaders and change agents in the community.
- $100 will provide a week of healthy snacks for 10 children
- $300 will cover the books and CDF Freedom Schools curriculum for 1 child, including one book per week that the scholar will take home and add to his or her own home library
- $500 will allow all 50 children to take a field trip and explore metro Detroit
- $1,000 will train one college-aged Servant Leader Intern to serve HOPE Village Freedom School children, by funding their participation in the week-long Ella Baker Child Policy Training Institute at the Alex Haley Farm in Clinton, TN
- $2,000 will fund the full HOPE Village Freedom School experience for 1 child, including curriculum and books, healthy meals and snacks, classroom supplies, and weekly field trips