BENEFITING: AMERICAN NYSTAGMUS NETWORK
EVENT DATE: Nov 10, 2013
Friends and family! Most of you know that Makayla has Nystagmus. Nystagmus is a condition that causes involuntary, rapid movement of one or both eyes. There are many possible causes, in Makaylas case, we've been told it's albinism, but whatever the cause, it is an incurable visual impairment.
Wednesday, November 6th, is the first ever Wobbly Wednesday which is a Nystagmus Awareness and Fundraising day. Although you've probably never heard of Nystagmus, it's actually pretty common visual impairment, effecting about 1 in 1,000 people!
If you'd like to help, and support Makayla on Wobbly Wednesday, you can:
1) Simply make a donations here on CrowdRaise
2) Purchase a book from our Wobbly Wednesday Book Party here: https://www.facebook.com/events/206939692822008/?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=calendar
3) Purchase your favorite Mary Kay products here: http://www.marykay.com/amandamarquez/en-US/Pages/default.aspx?lcov=1
4) On Wobbly Wednesday, Nov 6th, check out th auction that will be happening here: https://www.facebook.com/DreamingTreePhotographer
5) Get a wristband! http://nystagmus.org/new/news.php#WB
All the proceeds go to the American Nystagmus Network who works to provide information, support and research for families like ours. (Learn More about Wobbly Wednesday here: https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=93973b8547&view=att&th=14215a26316a2bcf&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hnhycsjq0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-QZvowISmgtpxcqs8aFpZ9&sadet=1383343442257&sads=u-rRKA7bwryD7CxFFi7fBJSAkPk)