BENEFITING: EDUCATION THROUGH MUSIC - LA
Music education can transform the life of a child. Yet hundreds of thousands of children in Los Angeles County alone are not receiving any music or arts education. CA students lag behind the national average in hours of arts instruction (SRI International) and in 2014-15, 87% of LA Unified School District’s elementary schools did not offer comprehensive arts access (KPCC).
Education Through Music-LA addresses this problem by collaborating with school leaders and districts to build and sustain school-wide music programs. ETM-LA does this through:
- weekly music instruction for every child in the school
- ongoing teacher training, mentorship and professional development
- integration of music across the curriculum
- assessment and evaluation, and
- school, parent, and community engagement.
Help ETM-LA provide high quality music education and expand from serving 16 to 20 partner schools this coming 2015-16 school year!
Your 100% Tax-Deductible Contribution to Education Through Music-LA will directly support weekly, yearlong music instruction for children in disadvantaged schools across Los Angeles County.