Adapted Sports Federation of Gipuzkoa is a non-profit organization founded in 2003, with legal personality and capacity to act, which brings together athletes, assistants, technicians, judges, clubs and sports associations for practice, promotion and organization of sport for people with disabilities in the province of Gipuzkoa.
Apart from organizing the sport of affected people with functional diversity, the Federation is composed of the following sports clubs: Atzegi, BeraBera, Dordoka (Aspace), Kemen, Konporta, Once, Fortuna, Berdin-Berdinak, etc.
Adapted Sports Federation of Gipuzkoa employs its whole work and effort in order to obtain the following objetive: difussion and promotion of adapted sport in Gipuzkoa.
This means that the Federation, has been defining its objectives during the years:
- Organize adapted sport in Gipuzkoa.
- Guide people who want to practice a sport.
- Promote and disseminate sports among the people with functional diversity.
- Integrate the athlete with disabilities in their natural environment.
- Technify and professionalize the activity given to the athlete with disabilities.
- Meet the needs of our athletes through new projects.
- Through various projects, promote integration in reverse, such as integrate conventional people in the groups of people with functional diversity.
- Search forms of financing for the achievement of the projects of the Federation.
SWIM FREE INC wrote -
Swim Free is a non-profit organization providing volunteer certification programs to make open water swimming events safer for participants and organizers. We rely on financial support from our partners and individual fundraising efforts.
On multiple dates during the summer of 2015, NYC Swim will offer its longest and premier swim of the season, the annual 28.5-mile Manhattan Island Marathon Swim, a full counter-clockwise circumnavigation of the island of Manhattan.