March of Dimes Arkansas
The mission of the March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing premature birth, birth defects, and infant mortality. We carry out this mission through community services, advocacy, research, education and support.
- Premature birth is the #1 killer of babies. Babies born even just a few weeks too soon can face serious health challenges and are at risk for lifelong disabilities, such as cerebral palsy, lung problems, and vision and hearing loss.
- In the United States, 1 in 10 babies is born prematurely every year.
- Every year, 15 million babies are born prematurely worldwide. Nearly 1 million of them die before their first birthday.
- Babies aren’t fully developed until at least 39 weeks gestation, and every week of pregnancy counts. Important development of the brain, lungs and eyes occurs during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- While the U.S. rate of premature birth has gone down in recent years, we still have a great deal of work to do.
- The premature birth rate in our country is higher than that of most developed nations.
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give March of Dimes 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for March of Dimes this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love March of Dimes. Thanks to your vote, March of Dimes earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.