Walk With Me is one of Easter Seals North Texas' annual fundraisers.
Come join us for a very early morning walk around Globe Life Park (Ranger's Ballpark) before the season starts. It is early enough that you can knock it out and then attend to your Saturday plans. Or, if you prefer to stay home in your pj's, donate!
You already know that Easter Seals North Texas is a great agency ~ they hired me, didn't they! We have four North Texas sites and provide the following:
- Pre-school and school-aged Autism Services
- In Grapevine, an inclusive preschool for children with disabilities to play & learn alongside of their typically developing peers, who serve as peer models.
- Employment services for youth and adults with disabilities, to help them find, obtain and keep quality jobs at quality salaries.
- A Case Management program working with individuals with significant disabilities, assisting them in linking with therapies and needed caregivers.
- An Outpatient Rehab program at our North Dallas site (Carrollton) and our South Dallas site (Oak Cliff) - providing PT, OT & Speech for children with disabilities.
- A transportation program that works to improve our transportation options in the North Texas area while teaching others, especially individuals with disabilities, how to use the available options.
- Finally, near to my heart, providers who work in family's homes, providing attendant care services to older adults and individuals with Alzheimer's, freeing their caregivers to have a break or run an errand.
I could tell you so much more! Mostly that these services are expensive and are not fully covered by insurance and our grant dollars. We need your donation. So, if you know me, if you know a child with Autism or an older adult with Alzheimer's ~ WALK WITH ME and donate! http://www.crowdrise.com/martyskinner-walkwithme2016
Thanks all! Marty