MARYLAND HUMANITIES COUNCIL INC via Crowdrise
December 02, 2015
We met our initial goal at 3:30 p.m. Let's see if we can hit $7,500!
Your #GivingTuesday donation gives thousands of kids—nearly 35,000 this year—crucial opportunities to learn essential skills that will put them on solid footing for jobs or college. Both Maryland History Day and One Maryland One Book activities are offered in nearly every school district. Students strengthen their reading, language, research, and communication skills through eclectic history projects and vibrant book discussions that are the hallmarks of these two impactful programs. You know how good it feels to discover new ideas…share that feeling with children who need that inspiration!
What your support will allow us to do for Maryland's students...
- $10 gives a student his or her own copy of the One Maryland One Book selection, sometimes the first book the student ever owns
- $25 aids a Maryland History Day student with an online mentoring session
- $40 shows a winning Maryland History Day student how state government works with a visit to a Maryland General Assembly session in Annapolis
- $65 rewards a Maryland History Day student advancing to the national contest
- $100 brings an in-class workshop to Maryland History Day students
- $250 sends a class of Baltimore City Public Schools students on a One Maryland One Book field trip
- $350 outfits an entire class with One Maryland One Book books and learning materials for them and their teacher
- $500 allows Maryland History Day students to compete at a district-level contest as they receive valuable feedback on their projects
- $1,200 provides all the necessary supplies and materials for evaluating the projects of 600+ students at the Maryland History Day state contest
- $2,000 gives hundreds of students a college campus tour and a once-in-a-lifetime meeting with the One Maryland One Book author