Mary's Cancer Treatments

Organized by: Shawnya Calp

Shawnya's Photo

THE STORY:

I started this fundraiser for my mom- Mary CalpThomas. She is battling breast cancer and needs help with medical costs and co-pays. 

If you know my mom- you know she lives a life of service. She lives her life to help others. She doesn't get paid for what she does. Oh- she gets very wealthy in spirit- but not in money. And unfortunately- the doctors and treatments require actual money. 

I can't even find a nice way to say it- cancer is expensive. 
Chemo treatments are expensive. Tests, Labs, appointments, surgery, radiation, etc., etc., etc. All of these things are espensive. 

She DOES have insurance. Insurance pays 80%. I don't think she's comfortable with me sharing the amount of the co-pays- but I will say 80% seems like a lot- until you see what the other 20% looks like. 

She has applied for grants and assistance. No luck with anything. A lot of them are out of money or are not even accepting applications.  She's not giving up- but she is in need. 

And she doesn't ask for help herself often. 

As a matter of fact- this is probably the first time since I was a child that I remember her asking for help for herself. Usually- when she asks for help- it is for help in helping others. Many times if we ask what she wants for a gift- Christmas, Birthday, Mother's Day, etc.,- it's something for someone else. One year we gave her a big box of men's jeans- because that's what she wanted for the Love Center.  (If you don't know what the Love Center is- it is her passion and life's work- and an organization that she utilizes to give and help on a larger scale.) Often- we give donations in her honor as her gift. She wants nothing for herself, but loves that some family now has something else because of her. 
This woman gives and gives.  She is honestly the most selfless person I have ever known. 

And now SHE needs help. 

So, Please help if you can, and share so others can help too. 

Visit https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/marycalpthomas for ongoing updates about her medical battle.

$2,625

 

26% Raised of $10,000 Goal

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Anonymous

    $100

  • Anonymous

    $50

  • Claudia Shaffer

     

  • Bill & Pia

    $50

  • Alexis Nurell

    $10

  • Meatball

    $25

  • Crystal Rice

     

  • Barb & Jake Pate

    $100

  • Dixie

    $50

  • Angie P.

    $25

  • Claudia Shaffer

    $35

  • Wendy Armstrong

    $50

  • Anna

    $20

  • Kirk and Gwen

     

  • Edna Holland

    $100

  • Bryce and Karen Carson

    $100

  • Anonymous

    $20

  • Rebecca & Greg Feltch

     

  • Don & Lori Wolabaugh

    $50

  • Frances Lloyd

     

  • Amanda Kroft

    $50

  • Dee

    $50

  • Michelle Norris

    $100

  • Steve and Teresa Patton

    $50

  • Faith Manuel

     

  • Theresa

    $50

  • Bill & Pia

    $50

  • Sue Myers

    $100

  • Scared Season

    $25

  • NORMA 7 MARSHALL SANFORD

     

  • Anonymous

    $50

  • Barbara Roman Rivera

    $25

  • Bub

    $100

  • Jennifer Woods

    $100

  • Lisandra Duprey-Rodriguez

    $25

  • Debra Strevig

    $50

  • Saki

    $500

  • Marissa Betancourt

    $25

  •  
  •  
  •  
Organized by

Shawnya Calp

This is a direct to organizer fundraiser.

Donor Comments

Marissa Betancourt

Marissa Betancourt

DONATION: $25

1 year ago

Saki

Saki

DONATION: $500

2 years ago

Debra Strevig

Debra Strevig

DONATION: $50

2 years ago

Lisandra Duprey-Rodriguez

Lisandra Duprey-Rodriguez

DONATION: $25

2 years ago

Jennifer Woods

Jennifer Woods

DONATION: $100

We love you Mary and stand with you 2 years ago

Bub

Bub

DONATION: $100

2 years ago

Barbara Roman Rivera

Barbara Roman Rivera

DONATION: $25

2 years ago

Anonymous

ANONYMOUS

DONATION: $50

2 years ago

NORMA 7 MARSHALL SANFORD

NORMA 7 MARSHALL SANFORD

In memory of my Mom, we lost to cancer back in the 80s. Just 49 and everything to live for. 8 children the last was her much sought after ONLY Girl, & 2 more boys. "TRIPLETS" 2 years ago

Scared Season

Scared Season

DONATION: $25

2 years ago

Report this page — Let Us Know if you think this page is breaking the law or the CrowdRise Terms