BENEFITING: International OCD Foundation
EVENT DATE: Jun 04, 2016
Mary Weinstein wrote -
In this walk OCD SF Bay Area is celebrating Eric McClendon and his successes in his struggle with OCD. OCD SF Bay Area is a community of those who suffer from, care about, and treat people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and other related disorders. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit affiliate of the International OCD Foundation (IOCDF). We are dedicated to:
- Providing information and resources about OCD, its symptoms and its treatment to people in the SF Bay Area with OCD, their families, and the larger Bay Area community. We typically hold several educational events each year.
- Helping to make peer-to-peer support groups available to the San Francisco Bay Area OCD community. There are currently 5 Bay Area peer-to-peer support group meetings (one on each Saturday and one on Tuesday night).
- Improving access to resources for those in the Bay Area who have OCD, and for their families.
- Helping to keep the Bay Area OCD community informed about events and the latest OCD news:
- In a monthly mailing to almost 600 recipients (email)
- Through our website, and by answering questions on the phone and by email:
- Website: http://www.ocdbayarea.org/
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 415-273-7273
- Advocating for appropriate and affordable treatment.
- Acknowledging individuals with OCD as valuable members of their communities