Massive Death of Dogs is occurring NOW in Roswell, NM
Organized by: Aquarius Nation
March 18, 2016
100% of your donation will go to the rescue group, From Forgotten To Forever so that they can save all the dogs who survive this distemper outbreak. If they survive this extended quarantine, can you handle the news that they now will be put to death? THEN PLEASE DONATE so they can get the dogs out!
There is more to Roswell, NM than all the stories of Alien sightings. There also is a situation underway at this very moment that is because of a crippling factor that has been going on for some time, which has led to an extreme overpopulation of dogs and cats.
In Roswell to spay or neuter your dog you have to pay $145. I live in Santa Fe, NM and for $100 we get THAT plus the immunizations, the heart worm check, and the micro chip. And Roswell is a struggling town. Getting the dog fixed is way at the end of a long list that contains other necessities of life.
And because of this over abundance of dogs, the Animal Control in town is doing massive captures and massive killing. The numbers would be unthinkable to your compassionate heart, but there is a lot of death going on here.
And at Roswell Animal Control (RAC) they do not do any vaccinations with incoming dogs, so they take them all in, and put them all together in a room. And since the town can’t afford to get their dogs fixed, you can imagine they also are not getting them immunized.
And what is occurring right now in Roswell is a Distemper outbreak. This is a disease that most often leads to a painful death. It takes 7 to 10 days for the symptoms to show and vaccinating within those first 3 days is really the only way to give them a chance of surviving this.
On March 3, 2016 I was notified that some rescuers who had saved dogs from RAC in the last few weeks had dogs that were testing positive for Distemper.
And from there it has spread rampant. All the way to Colorado there are infected dogs dieing or struggling to stay alive. And from there stories are showing up that are absolute heart breakers.
- NEO: One person was in the hospital giving birth while their dogs got in trouble and were brought into RAC. Donations were raised to get the 3 dogs out, so they had to stay there over a week. And at this point one of them, a beautiful blue-eyed husky of 8 months is now hanging by a thread to stay alive because of Distemper.
- CHESTER: One dog was in there at that time was blinded by someone who shot him in the eyes. So he was injured and blinded and forced to stay in RAC for a week before he could be rescued. And the beautiful soul who took him is someone who rescues blind dogs and up until the last few days Chester was doing great!! But then like a light switch, he went down. And the spinal tap showed that distemper was in his system. READ HIS STORY
- BARON: Another dog was real beat up by a fight. Gaping holes and bleeding all over. Left like that in the cage for over a week with no vet care. And a sweet gentle soul! Oh he was a sweetie, and he handled the pain with grace. And he was rescued and finally was taken to the doctors and given all this love. And then the distemper showed up in his system and he is gone now. He didn’t make it. READ HIS STORY
- STAN: I too have a story because one of those dogs in there I fell in love with and was going in to adopt him. But when the lockdown occurred on the 3rd all adoptions stopped. So he had already been in there about 10 days and now because of the lockdown will have to stay almost a month in there. And he is broken down. I went in on my birthday hoping to bring him home. And he looked like he was hanging by a thread. All I could tell him was, “I’m sorry”. You can look through his bio. He is declining quickly. Because of the timing of their visit to this animal control within the last month, all unvaccinated dogs are now infected with Distemper. SEE HIS JOURNEY
- See all the dogs fighting for their lives. There is a St. Bernard puppy, a husky and many more sweet beauties. THE DOGS
MY MISSION: What I want to do through this fundraiser is raise money to RESCUE EVERY SINGLE ONE of those dogs that are in there right now going through the 3 week quarantine. Most will not survive. There will be a heartbreaking number of casualties.
And I want to fund rescue workers to be there ON THAT DAY that they are released with open arms, homes, and medicine to build their immune systems back up.
The ones who survive this (who just happened to be in the wrong pace at the wrong time) deserve to be rescued.
And the ones who died from this deserve to be heard.
And the other end of this I want to make a move towards getting more Vets in this town on weekly visits to offer super affordable or even grant covered, spay/neuter and vaccinations.
I want this horrible situation to have happened to bring light to what is a long standing known fact of Roswell, New Mexico: a lot of dogs die there.
And wouldn’t it be a better measure of their police department to manage their Animal Control by managing the population of the dogs through taking away the possibility of so many dogs with neutering instead of killing.
So it is also my mission that talking about this secret thing going on down there can have some solutions discovered to actually make it better.