BENEFITING: THE BOSTON EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION INC
EVENT DATE: Feb 01, 2013
THE BOSTON EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION INC wrote -
Welcome to the Mather Classroom Champions website. You may have heard about the budget cuts that are facing our public schools. The Classroom Champions program was established to help the kids and the classrooms of North America's first public elementary school. These cuts affect all of us, our kids and our future.
Meet the Mather
The Mather Elementary School, is the first public elementary school in North America. It is located in the historic Meeting House Hill neighborhood of Dorchester, in Boston, Massachusetts.
The school serves a highly diverse population of 580 students in pre-kindergarten through grade 5:
• 98% are children of color.
• 85% are from low-income homes.
• 50% speak a first language other than English.
• 15% receive special education services.
• 100% dream of achieving great things.
The recession has taken its toll on the Mather and all Boston Public Schools. Over the past three years, budget cuts have left classrooms in need of materials and supplies – let alone SMART boards and other educational technology.
You can make a difference.
Through the Mather Classroom Champions program, you can help raise money for a specific classroom with kids who are excited to learn and a teacher who is dedicated to teaching. Your generosity will help the administration at theMather fund important programs and classroom needs.
Here’s how you can help:
• Make a tax-deductible donation today.
• Encourage your friends and family to make a donation.
• Sign up to volunteer by contacting Principal Cox at email@example.com.
Are you ready to be a Champion? The children of the Mather are counting on you!