Want to support Maryland middle and high school students as they enhance their reading, research, public speaking, and critical thinking skills?
Your #GivingTuesday donations will help the Maryland Humanities Council offer Maryland History Day and One Maryland One Book program activities both in the classroom and extracurricularly in nearly every school district in Maryland. Last year, more than 25,000 students participated in these highly impactful programs, learning necessary career and college-ready skills.
What your support will allow us to do for Maryland's students...
- $10 gives a student his or her own copy of the One Maryland One Book selection OR provides a classroom's worth of One Maryland One Book reader's guides and bookmarks, plus a special teacher's guide for an educator
- $25 aids a Maryland History Day student with an online mentoring session
- $40 shows a winning Maryland History Day student how state government works with a visit to a session of the Maryland General Assembly in Annapolis
- $65 rewards a Maryland History Day student advancing to the national contest with prizes & keepsakes
- $100 brings an in-class workshop to Maryland History Day students
- $250 sends Baltimore City Public Schools students on a One Maryland One Book fieldtrip
- $350 outfits an entire class full of students with copies of the One Maryland One Book selection and supplemental materials for them and their teacher
- $500 allows Maryland History Day students to compete at a district-level contest as they receive valuable feedback on their projects
- $1,200 provides all the necessary supplies and materials for evaluating the projects of 600+ students at the Maryland History Day state contest
- $2,000 gives hundreds of students a memorable, in-person meeting with the One Maryland One Book author and a college campus tour