BENEFITING: DAWN MOUNTAIN
Guided by our shared mission to nurture the spiritual health of Houston, the Institute for Spirituality and Health and Dawn Mountain are partnering in a unique and innovative initiative intended to:
- expand the experience of meditation to new audiences in Houston;
- leverage the status of the Texas Medical Center as the largest medical center in the world to achieve this and the expertise of Dawn Mountain in mindfulness meditation education;
- provide medical and community professionals with another tool to help individuals in communities of need;
- create a broader field for individual and community growth and transformation;
- enhance the respective roles of Dawn Mountain and the Institute for Spirituality and Health as important community spiritual and health resources in a location that is a global destination for individuals seeking medical and end-of-life assistance.
Mission - “Taking Practice to the People”
Meditation Station is a portable, staffed, contemplative environment that will introduce meditation and mindfulness to people right where they are. As a complement to and enhancement of existing programs at both Dawn Mountain and the Institute for Spirituality and Health, it addresses their common vision to bring beneficial meditative and spiritual practices to the Houston community.
Meditation Station will:
- Provide a menu of guided meditations from various spiritual traditions in an accessible, safe and inviting setting in myriad public, medical and corporate venues throughout the community.
- Provide different options for guided sessions that vary by length and teacher.
- Deploy knowledgeable and compassionate volunteers to accompany the recorded teachings, answer questions, and engage with interested public.
- Encourage participants to cultivate lasting relationships with Dawn Mountain and ISH and seek further connections with area dharma centers.