BENEFITING: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
EVENT DATE: Nov 01, 2014
Megan's day-to-day work as a mental health therapist is dedicated to helping adults and teens struggling with signficant emotional pain. She chose the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention as her magical birthday fundraising cause.
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is the nation’s leading organization bringing together people across communities and backgrounds to understand and prevent suicide, and to help heal the pain it causes. Individuals, families, and communities who have been personally touched by suicide are the moving force behind everything they do.
- They strive for a world that is free of suicide.
- They support research, because understanding the causes of suicide is vital to saving lives.
- They educate others in order to foster understanding and inspire action.
- They offer a caring community to those who have lost someone they love to suicide, or who are struggling with thoughts of suicide themselves.
- They advocate to ensure that federal, state, and local governments do all they can to prevent suicide, and to support and care for those at risk.