EVENT: Run Ranger Run 2
You are a Team Member
Michael Schlitz wrote -
Run Ranger Run
A team of up to ten individuals will pledge to walk, run and/or ride bicycles a combined total of 565 miles in the month of February (usually 28 days). They will raise funds for GallantFew and increase awareness for stated veteran issues.
Veterans continue to battle record high levels of unemployment, under-employment, homelessness and suicide. The most recent Department of Labor Statistics from May 2012 show Global War on Terror veterans are 40% more likely to be unemployed than a person who never served. The VA reports eighteen veterans take their own lives daily, and active duty suicides have averaged one per day this year – a rate unheard of before now. We can make a difference!
In 2012, 3rd Ranger Battalion veteran US Army Corporal Cory Smith, having deployed to combat twice, experienced having friends killed and wounded and with his own marriage failing decided to highlight the difficult journey home many soldiers have leaving the Army by undergoing a very public and very difficult journey home himself. Cory decided to run 565 miles in 28 days with holding his daughter Elleigh in his arms the end goal of his run.
As a Result
To honor Cory’s incredible effort and to continue the momentum to raise awareness for veterans issues – particularly around divorce, unemployment, homelessness and suicide – we are offering an annual Run Ranger Run event.
Run Ranger Run: A team of up to ten individuals will pledge to walk, run and/or ride bicycles a combined total of 565 miles in the month of February (usually 28 days). They will raise funds for GallantFew and increase awareness for stated veteran issues.
- A team captain recruits and forms his or her team.
- Team goal is to walk, run or ride a bike (or any combination) a total of 565 miles during February.
- Teams can be two to ten people.
- Teams are not limited geographically. It can be a local group that logs mileage together or could be a team spread out across the USA or even overseas.
- Teams can honor a fallen, wounded or serving soldier, sailor, airman or Marine by naming their team in honor of that person, and their team website should be able to reflect that.
- Teams will register and track their progress online
- Teams raise money by getting family, friends and co-workers to sponsor them per mile
- See more at: http://www.crowdrise.com/Michael-RunRangerRun2-michaels/fundraiser/meghanmeade#sthash.QaVCX9zg.dpuf
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Meghan 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Meghan this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Meghan. Thanks to your vote, Meghan earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.